Before leasing 67 S Grant St, Wilkes Barre PA 18501, a single tenant or a tenant group
A single tenant qualifies thus:
- Completes a rental application accurately.
- Agrees to the Landlord's Lease Agreement, and Terms.
- Has credit score above 650 on MyRental.com
- Has no evictions in the 4 years preceding 3/2020.
- Has verified income > 2x their contribution to rent + utilities.
- Non smoker.
- No pets (or agrees to Pet Lease).
- Contactable references.
- Current and previous landlords for 3 years would rent to you again.
A tenant group qualifies if all its members qualify as single
tenants AND (a) AND (b) AND one of (c) or (d).
(a) The group contains at most five individuals, with at most four
(b) Agrees to a Constitution
with all the other group members:
- This is a signed agreement between the tenants
- The landlord is not a party to the Constitution.
- It enables the group to govern itself with the force of contract law,
and gives you the teeth to enforce your decisions.
- The tenants as a group must have the right to eject a
member by majority vote in extreme cases such as
non-compliance with a group decision, non-payment of a
share of rent or bills, etc.
- You can write it yourselves and put whatever else you like into it,
but a useable draft is here.
(c) The group has five members.
(d) The group has three or four adult members who jointly-and-severally agree to
pay the full house rent.
If multiple individual or group tenants qualify within the two weeks
preceding a tentative lease start date, preference may be given,
within Landlord's judgement subject to the constraints of law, first
to a full group of five, second to a group with verified group or individual
income of 3x rent, third based on credit scores, fourth with history
of living in cooperative housing, fourth with gender balance.